2016 has seen the emergence of several new feature launches and naturally evolving behavioral changes. Recently, Forbes has compiled a list of 6 trends that are impacting the way brands use and interact on social channels.
- Corporations are seeing diminishing ROI as channels like Facebook are changing its newsfeed algorithms to prioritize user preferences for quality content
- Consumers prefer real-time content as mobile applications make social engagement readily available
- Users prioritize fewer, better posts (as on Instagram) over higher quantity of posts (as on Twitter)
- Channels are allowing for a diverse range of reactions to let users show more emotions
- Responses continue to get shorter and are often accompanied by visual content
- Channels are cracking down on clickbait, forcing companies to create organic and high-quality content
How is your company utilizing social today and what trends are you seeing?
For details on each trend, see the full piece here: www.forbes.com/sites/jaysondemers/2016/08/11/6-social-media-trends-that-are-forcing-brands-to-adapt-quickly/#19c973947ff2