Five Resolutions for PR & Marketing Pros
By Affect Team | On December 23, 2013
Affect’s Recommendations for Communications Leaders
By Affect Team
Today, Affect shared its recommendations inspired by recent trends and lessons learned from working with B2B and B2C companies in various industries. Here’s the quick list:
1) Develop and Execute a Content Marketing Strategy – When you deliver value to your customers, they’ll become loyalists. Understanding what your audience wants to see, and developing a strategy based on this insight, can go a long way in captivating and mobilizing your customers.
2) Consolidate and Concentrate – All of the new communications channels and opportunities to be heard can be both a blessing and a curse. Resolve to focus on what your company does well to establish a leadership position built on consistent messaging and valuable insights to your target audience.
3) Utilize Data Driven Decision-Making – PR and marketing campaigns are increasingly being decided and measured based on data and analytics. Make it a point to think about how to incorporate data into your campaigns and in measuring results.
4) Embrace Risk – Wayne Gretzky echoed the sentiments of several other great minds when he said, “You’ll always miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” Think about some measured risks you can take with a new project in 2014. It could be your greatest accomplishment! (e.g. Trying out an integrated campaign or executing a social media contest)
5) Go Back to School – As communicators, we pay a lot of lip service to continuing education. Make 2014 the year to boost your expertise in a new technology or methodology and see what other opportunities are around the corner. Attend a workshop, a conference or even consider a college course to build your skills!
Read Affect’s full 2014 resolutions here.
What resolutions do you intend to put into practice in the New Year?
“Let’s make a dent in the universe.”