In public relations, we always strive to keep on top of the latest social tools and features. But with all the buzz in a saturated industry and new launches seemingly every day, which ones are worth noting? TechAdvisor recently published a piece featuring new social media apps that could rival the traditional dominant players.
Here are the new trending apps to watch out for:
- Peach – A new app for iOS created by the co-founder of Vine that is a combination of Facebook, Path, Slack, Snapchat and Tumblr all rolled into one.
- Wanelo – A social shopping app that features millions of products from big brands down to independent Etsy sellers.
- Yik Yak – A social sharing app that allows users to share thoughts with those nearby.
- Kik – A messaging app that enables chatting via the web and allows for advanced visual sharing.
- Shots – A photo and video app, rivaling Snapchat, that shares VHS style content.
- Hyper – A photo-sharing app that uses hashtags and geotags to help likeminded people in the same area discover new things.
- Bebo – A social channel featuring a custom avatar that can interact with other members using illustration.
For the full piece, see here.